"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world." James 1:27
Children in foster care is an area of need in our society, and one of the places that we at Holy Family have chosen to share God's love.
Below Dr. Karyn Purvis, a leader in healing for children from foster care, speaks about the unique role the Church has in offering love, relationship, and mercy to children from hard places.
In this interview, Ashley Smalls who is the DFPS Faith-based Specialist for Harris County shares about the importance of churches working with the Department of Family and Protective services on caring for children and families connected to foster care.
- We have given Christmas presents to children in foster care in the area.
- We clean and maintain the family visitation room at the DFPS office on Wilson Road.
- We have provided money to secure a location for training for foster parents in the local area.
- We have helped families financially to care for children in foster care.
- We have supported families who are working to keep their children in their homes.